Incorrect login or password
Karnataka State Medicinal Plants Authority,Aranya_kfd
November 9th 2018
Karnataka State Medicinal Plants Authority(KaMPA) was established in the year 2002 as per the Karnataka Government Order No.FEE 33 FDS 2001 Dated: 27.02.2002. This Authority is functioning under the Forests, Ecology and Environment Department of Government of Karnataka, with governing body headed by the Ministry of Forests, Ecology and Environment as Chairman. The Authority is being run with the financial assistance both from Central and State Governments.
1. Conserve, Cultivate and Develop Medicinal Plants and Aromatic Plants.
2. Undertake, encourage and sponsor research studies in Silviculture and management, development of protocols and quality control of medicinal and aromatic plants as raw materials/value added products /food supplements /herbal cosmetics.
3. Increase public awareness, acquire or publish books, manuscripts, brochures, pamphlets charts, journals, newsletters, scientific papers, produce films, and use any modern for purpose of dissemination of knowledge regarding conservation, utilization and development of medicinal and aromatic plants.
4. Co-operate with educational, training, research conferences, congresses, trainings and extension programmes related to the objectives of the Authority.
5. Organize and sponsor meetings, workshops, seminars conferences, trainings and extension programmes related to the objectives of the Authority.
6. Serve as a consultant to various states and international organizations in conservation, utilization, cultivation and development of medicinal and aromatic plants.
7. Facilitate implementation of projects on medicinal and aromatic plants by individual organizations/central /state governments, public/private companies and corporations. The Authority may function as nodal agency whenever so appointed by the government.
8. Receive any sum or sums of money as project funds, gifts or donations or contributions from individual organizations / central / state governments / public / private companies and corporations and utilize the same for the fulfillment of all or any of the objectives of the Authority.
9. Set-up a database on conservation, utilization, cultivation and development of medicinal and aromatic plants.
10. Advise/guide various departments of government of Karnataka and any organizations on matter relating to conservation, utilization, cultivation and development of medicinal and aromatic plants.
11. Promote co-operative efforts among growers, collectors and traders and assist them in marketing their medicinal and aromatic produce or their value added products.
12. Encourage and assist in the protection of patent rights and intellectual property rights, local traditional knowledge in medicinal and aromatic plants.
13. Do any or all such lawful things as are incidental and conductive to the attainment of the above objectives.
(For more details, please download the Karnataka Forest Department annual report 2017 - 18, from aranya.gov.in)