Incorrect login or password
Grant released towards construction of a hospital in Madikeri, Coorg
February 9th 2019
Though the people of Kodagu were expecting the formation of two taluks, fillip for tourism and coffee, highland improvement programs in the presented budget, they were granted the unexpected. Chief minister H D Kumarswamy released a grant towards construction of a hospital with 450 beds capacity, attached to the Madikeri medical college. When this project starts functioning, the people of Kodagu can experience good medical facilities. For this project, the chief minister has set aside a 100 crore grant.
With this, chief minister H D Kumarswamy announced funds for sports and other developmental projects and 10 crore grant towards the benefit of the Kodava community. In the budget, the chief minister has declared many projects and plans concerning the district. A few expected projects did not get any heed, but a few unexpected schemes were announced. Importantly the people of Kodagu, devoid of any political party, were fighting for the formation of Ponnampet and Kushalnagar taluks, there was absolutely no mention of new taluks. Construction of the new houses for the people affected in recent rains is happening in a quick pace, he said. He also remembered the various defence forces, volunteers, public who offered humane services during the troubled times.
1. 100 crore grant towards construction of 450 beds capacity hospital in Kodagu Medical Sciences office premises.
2. Survey using drones in Kalaburgi, Vijayapura, Dakshina Kannada, Mysore, Gadag, Davangere, Dharwad and Kodagu districts.
3. 12.5 crore to construct sports hostels in Yadgir, Ballari, Chkkaballapur, Bidar and Madikeri.
4. 2 crore to organize adventurous sports in 10 places through general Thimmaiah national adventurous academy.
5. 2 crore to Kodagu recontruction, rehabilitation and development authority's day to day activities.
6. Special programs and 1 crore to encourage Tulu, Kodava and Konkani movies.
7. 2 crore grant to conduct folk fetes in all districts to encourage folk artists and art.
5 crore to Balugod hockey stadium
Considering the fact that the youth from Kodagu are representing the state hockey team, the Chief Minister in the budget, granted 5 crore towards construction of a hockey stadium with international facility in Balugod, to honor the contribution of Kodavas to hockey. State JD(S) president and ex-minister Adagur Vishwanath also played a major role in getting the grant released.
10 crore for the development of Kodava Samaj
Chief Minister declared 10 crore for the over-all developments of Kodava Samaj
(This article is translated by xklsv internet media pvt. Ltd, from shakthidaily.info; the Shakthi Daily is not liable for any errors in translation.)